| ||SCHOOL IS CLOSED ON MEMORIAL DAY, MAY 25|
This is a reminder there is no school on Memorial Day. Please have a safe holiday weekend!
||SBAC TESTING SEASON: APRIL 20 - JUNE 5
In order to support student achievement, access to campus will be highly restricted during the testing period. The goal is to ensure students are relaxed, focused, and prepared for testing by having minimal interruptions in and around the school.
Click here to view the TPES testing calendar. For more information about testing, please go to the school website.
||ORCHESTRA/BAND CONCERT - THUR JUNE 4TH
4th and 5th graders who participate in Beginning or Advanced Orchestra and Beginning or Advanced Band will have their spring performance in the Auditorium beginning at 5:30pm. All TPES families are invited to attend at no cost.
Performers are asked to arrive at school by 4:30pm. Recommended arrival time for seating is 5:15pm.
For concert attire, please click here.
| ||SPARE THE AIR DAY - FRIDAY JUNE 5TH |
TPES students and their families are encouraged to walk, ride their
bikes, or carpool to school on the first Friday of the month. Students who
participate will get a Spare the Air Day charm to start the day with a smile.
Look for our volunteers near the crosswalk in front of school.
||TPES FOUNDATION HAS A NEW FACEBOOK PAGE
The Foundation has a new Facebook page! Get more information through social media, and make sure to like our new page.
NEW DROP-OFF/PICK-UP PATTERN
Parent Safety Ambassadors Still Needed
Thank you for your cooperation with the new process for traffic flow. Here are a few reminders to ensure safety for all families:
TPES Parents are still for Tuesday morning to join the Parent Safety Patrol to complement the work of the TPES Student Safety Patrol!
- Make sure that all students are entering and exiting the vehicle on the curb side.
- You can wait in your car in the pick-up lane until your child arrives, however if families behind you are prepared to leave before you - you may be asked to circle around and re-enter the pick-up lane.
- If the pick-up lane is full, please circle around to re-enter or park in the south end of the YMCA lot to wait a bit, or walk over for pick-up.
- Please use the cross-walk! The safety patrol works really hard to ensure that all walkers are safe and enjoy when you utilize their service!
For more information, please contact Patty Shomo.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR TPES FOUNDATION PROGRAMS!
Resolve to serve in 2015! Our community's strength comes from our families. Please consider volunteering for one or more of the following valued TPES programs
We hope you have some time to give back to the school community. To learn more, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Birthday Book Club
- Campus Beautification
EARN FREE, EASY MONEY FOR TPES WITH ESCRIP
Did you know that you can raise money for TPES just by registering your Vons and Ralphs cards and shopping with these merchants? It's super quick and easy to start for your everyday purchases to make a difference at TPES. Here's how:
- Email your Name, Phone Number & Vons Card to School Coordinator Noemi Lavoie, who can set up your account (valid if you are registering for the first time).
- Go to the Escrip homepage to register and sign up your Vons or your cash/credit cards online.
- You can also shop at over 700 popular merchants and earn money for TPES by starting your online shopping at the Escrip Online Mall.
||NEW FAMILIES AMBASSADOR INFORMATION
Is your family or your child new to Torrey Pines Elementary? Liliana Galindo is this year's New Families Ambassador and welcomes you to the school! Feel free to email her if you have any questions.
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR SCHEDULE
TPES bell times may be viewed here>> (login required)
San Diego Unified School Year Calender here>>
WEBSITE ACCESS & E-TWIG COMMUNICATIONS
All families with enrolled students at Torrey Pines Elementary now have access to the Foundation site. Please check your email for a confirmation email. For gmail accounts, TPES-related communications may be going into the 'Promotions' folder and NOT in your Inbox. Please take a moment to take a look.
If you are still not receiving emails, please contact our Communications team
To receive E-Twig communications, you must have submitted a TPES Foundation form. If you have not already completed a form, please download the TPES Foundation Form here to obtain login access to the website, school directory and to sign-up for our electronic newsletter.
TPES parents who are having difficulty logging on can reset their password on their login screen or can follow up with our Webmaster at email@example.com.